We enjoyed a quiet weekend at our house, which was quite the treat after last weekend’s sickness extravaganza. My heart is filled with thankfulness this Monday for many things, and I thought I’d share a few.
2) I’m so thankful for friends at church. I was so encouraged yesterday as person after person asked how Titus was doing, and said they’d been praying for our family last week. For those of you who read my blog and prayed for our sick little boy, I’d like to hug each of you. Thank you for praying, and thank you to those who shared that with me yesterday. What an undeserved blessing!
3) A quick trip to our local public library with my oldest daughter yesterday was a treat for which I’m thankful. She’s a girl after my own heart…she loves to read, and usually has at least two or three books on her nightstand. Her eyes glimmered as she discovered not one, but FOUR shelves of her favorite author’s books at the library. While she giddily flipped through pages, I drooled over the aisles of cook books as I tried to determine which books needed read the most.
4) Per the three new cookbooks I picked up yesterday, I enjoyed some time this morning to bake. The unseasonably cold weather made for a good morning to bake Dark Chocolate Cherry Granola Bars, along with four loaves of English Muffin Bread.
5) I’m thankful that I was able to share the aforementioned granola bars with a neighbor who’s had one too many sleepless nights lately, and I thought she could use a pick-me-up. One of the loaves of bread will be sent home with one of my childcare families to toast and share with their sick little boy. I’m finding that one of my favorite past-times is cooking and baking for other people. I love the opportunity to share!
6) A super quick stop at Goodwill today provided me with a very fun $4.00 centerpiece for my dining room table. It’s cool and unique…made of cast iron and rusty in the most wonderful way possible, this tree-shaped candle holder will be perfect for suppers at home and entertaining others around our table.
7) I am thankful for the opportunity last night to hear from our friends and missionaries to Brazil. They did a live chat during our evening church service, and it was so good to see Teresa’s face again! 🙂 If you’re reading this, Teresa, I think I realized last night just how much I miss you. While we haven’t done well keeping in touch since you’ve moved, I still smile every time I see a photo of you online, and especially seeing and hearing you talk last night. I miss you, and I really truly hope we can spend some time together when you’re back in the states this summer.
I hope you all are enjoying your Monday, and counting the many blessings that are yours to count…what a privilege! Blessings!